Collegio priests who foresee the need to make financial transactions, e.g., cashing a check, receive allowances from abroad, etc., are urged to open an account(s) in Euro and/or US Dollars at the Istituto per le Opere di Religione (IOR). There is no minimum deposit required.
To open an account, go to IOR anytime during office hours with the following documents:
1. fotocopy of the Mandatum from your Bishop
2. fotocopy of your celebret from your Diocese
3. fotocopy of your Passport data and visa
4. fotocopy of your enrolment certificate from the university
5. original letter from the Rector
You might wish to ask for an ATM card; this is free, but they do not issue one unless you ask for it.
Note that if you ask for a Credit/Debit card, a €4,000 minimum deposit is required.