Skip to content
CHRISTMAS EVE, AND
MARY MOTHER OF GOD
- Collegio Filippino 10 pm Vigil Masses: Christmas Dec 24 & New Year Dec 31
- Simple salo-salo after
- Confession from 9:00 pm
- If Commission Members are not around before the event, other Priests may be requested to help if needed.
- Since most of the items can be finalized beforehand, it is not necessary that the ones assigned be actually present during the Mass (except for some items).
- Spaces at the start of the line are provided below to put a check mark (to print out, just copy text without the menus and sidebars, and paste in MS Word).
- _ flowers and other decors
- _ Baby Jesus and crib
- _ put the Blessed Virgin’s crown, aureola and scepter
- _ Mass Liturgy in English if there are non-Filipino Priests concelebrating
- _ Golden Chausables for all Priests
- _ incense
- _ collection baskets
- _ envelopes for love offerings: place on the big table outside the Main Chapel, with a note indicating where the offerings will be used
- _ insert Tabernacle key
- _ outside speakers: switch is located in left corner as one enters Main Chapel
- _ dinner could be at 6:30 pm, as many go to the Vatican, and to prepare for Mass and salo-salo
- _ around 8:30 pm: switch on lobby lights and flood light on stairs outside main door; also, leave big gate open
- After Mass, help invite people to the salo-salo.
Assign lay volunteers (even just before the Mass)
- _ First Reading = __________
- _ Responsorial Psalm = __________
- _ Second Reading = __________
- _ Collectors = __________
- _ Offerers = __________
Kissing of Baby Jesus after final blessing
- _ 9:00 pm Confessors (set confessionals too) = __________
- _ Main Celebrant = __________
- _ Concelebrant 1 = __________
- _ Concelebrant 2 = __________
- _ Two other concelebrants for servers’ functions (incense only at start, Gospel and offertory; not during consecration = __________ and __________.
- _ Check how many hosts are in the Tabernacle and estimate how many more need to be consecrated.
Announcements after Mass (could be by a PCF Administrator)
- Kissing of Baby Jesus right after final blessing, while the Choir leads the singing
- all are invited to simple salo-salo
- strong men kindly stack together the chairs by 10’s; leave them inside the Main Chapel or in the Lobby.
- New Year Mass on Dec. 31 is also at 10:00 pm, with salo-salo
- Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your families
- _ Invited choir = ______
- _ Note: sing Come, All Ye Faithful during kissing of Baby Jesus after final blessing
- _ ask a lay volunteer(s) (not Priest) to kindly take pictures (lend PCF camera if needed; charge battery beforehand) __________
- _ guide on how to copy files to Thawspace of Lobby Computer __________
- _ sanctuary: 10 chairs each side for concelebrants; extra from these may be transferred just before Mass to extend the pews
- _ inside Main Chapel: move pews closer to each other; add behind pews 6 rows of 8 chairs each
- _ outside Main Chapel door, at center, between posts so people can see Altar directly (thus no need for projector outside Main Chapel): add 11 rows of 7 chairs each
- the rest of the lobby area need not be rearranged
- _ for choir (if needed): LCD projector, computer and screen