IX. Outsider Groups’ Use of Facilities in General
1. The Collegio could normally lend only the Main Chapel and Main Lobby to lay organizations, on Sundays outside examination periods, and strictly for activities with a religious component. For details, please search for “Main Chapel and Lobby” in our Collegio website, the link to which should be emailed to the requesting group.
2. Requests from groups will be assessed on a case to case basis. These groups should always be accompanied by their Chaplain, and the activities should not coincide with major activities organized by the Sentro Filipino Chaplaincy of Rome, in which all communities are invited.
3. The following are not allowed for outsider lay communities using Collegio facilities: alcoholic drinks, camp fires, and indoor games (to preserve the atmosphere of prayer, study and rest for the Residents).
4. The Collegio grounds, including the sports facilities, are not habitually open to the public. This is because the Collegio is not registered as a public commercial entity, and is not authorized to serve as a venue open for regular booking by the public in the same way as hotels and other commercial centers are.
a. If ever outsiders use the grounds or sports facilities, it should be with the participation of a good number of Residents, and in the spirit of assisting the Residents keep themselves physically fit.
b. Such use should avoid giving the impression of using the Collegio as a venue for an organization’s activity, rather than an activity of the Collegio.
c. Along these lines, for example, friendly games with a good number of Collegiopriests involved may be organized, but not matches among different organizations (with practically no Collegio Priests participating), or activities of an organization served by a Collegio priest.
5. Any use of the facilities by outsiders requires the express permission of the Collegio Rector, who is ultimately responsible for the Collegio, including vis-à-vis the Italian civil government.