Vatican Bank – for Personal (non-Collegio) Operations
Information that you have to provide your donor:
- BANK INFORMATION:
- BANK NAME: Istituto per Opere di Religione
- ADDRESS: Cortile Sisto V, 00120 Vatican City
- TELEPHONE: +39 06 6988 9388
- SWIFT (BIC): IOPRVAVX or IOPRVAVXXXX
- FOR HELP: call +39 06 6988 9388
- FOR HELP: email <segreteria @ ior . va> (remove the spaces)
- 2. RECIPIENT (your) INFORMATION:
- ACCOUNT NAME: [Your name as registered in IOR]
- ADDRESS: Via Aurelia 490 – 00165 Rome – Italy
- TELEPHONE: [Your cellular phone as registered in IOR]
- IBAN: [Your IBAN provided by IOR]
To deposit funds into your own account or exchange currencies:
- Print out this blank “Distinta Deposito/Ritiro Contanti” form, or get one from IOR.
- Fill in the form, following this model. You may do this at IOR.
- Bring the completed form to the bank teller to do the operation.
- Note that you may use this form to deposit your Dollars, Swiss Francs or other currencies in cash converted to Euros (just indicate the currency on the corresponding boxes), after which you may immediately withdraw funds in Euros, or make a “giroconto” to the Collegio‘s account (to donate or pay for board and lodging). You may also deposit checks (use a different form, DISTINTA VERSAMENTO ASSEGNI, available at the IOR).
- For items other than board and lodging (such as tuition fees, medical insurance, book or personal allowances, etc.), please ask your benefactors to kindly send you the funds directly, rather than pass through Collegio‘s account. Just substitute the RECIPIENT INFORMATION with your own Account Name, telephone and IBAN (IOR informed you of your IBAN; or just ask them). The BANK INFORMATION remains the same.
- If benefactors plan to send board and lodging together with tuition, etc., please ask them to send to your account — after which you can transfer to the Collegio only what corresponds to the Collegio (board and lodging and whatever other amount owed to the Collegio).
- As for the tuition fees, best would be if you could pay the Universities directly (individually or together with other schoolmates), without having to involve the Collegio in this operation. This would be more streamlined, avoiding unnecessary steps. If needed, the Collegio Rector will inform the University that this is our preferred method, and anyway they will be receiving the same amount.
- “Vatican Bank” is just a nickname; the official name is “Istituto per Opere di Religione” (or “IOR”).