Vatican Bank (IOR) Fund Transfer
FUND TRANSFER BY DONORS FROM ANY COUNTRY:
Donations may be for:
- OPERATIONS (donations in general) and RENOVATIONS of the Collegio.
- BOARD AND LODGING of a specific priest (indicate his name).
- For other items such as university tuition fees, medical insurance, pocket money, etc., whenever possible, please deposit funds directly to the student’s account (ask him for the information), rather than to the Collegio’s account. But if the funding agency requires sending all funds to the Collegio (rather than to the Priest), then they may also follow this procedure.
COLLEGIO ACCOUNT INFORMATION:
- ACCOUNT NAME: Pontificio Collegio Filippino
- ADDRESS: Via Aurelia 490 – 00165 Rome – Italy
- TELEPHONE: +39 06 6604 1602
- IBAN: VA 9600 1000 0000 1178 4003
- NOTE: Please ask your bank to convert your fund transfer into EUROS (not US Dollars!!!) even if you deposit in any other currency. Our bank account is in Euros.
- BANK NAME: Istituto per Opere di Religione
- ADDRESS: Cortile Sisto V, 00120 Vatican City
- TELEPHONE: +39 06 6988 9388
- SWIFT (BIC): IOPRVAVX or IOPRVAVXXXX
- FOR HELP: call +39 06 6988 9388
- FOR HELP: email <segreteria @ ior . va> (remove the spaces)
- NOTE: “Vatican Bank” is just a nickname; the official name is “Istituto per Opere di Religione” (or “IOR”).
TO PAY YOUR BOARD AND LODGING, PLEASE TRANSFER FUNDS FROM YOUR OWN IOR ACCOUNT TO THE COLLEGIO’S ACCOUNT (instead of paying in cash):
Doing this “giroconto” (internal fund transfer) is the best way to pay your board and lodging dues. You need not carry big cash around, and Collegio accounting will be more streamlined.
1) Print out this blank “Giroconto” form, or print this one already with the Collegio‘s information for €7,000 or €8,000 (just add date, your account number, your name, your signature, your celfone number), or get one from IOR.
2) Fill the form up, following this model.
3) Bring the completed form to the bank teller to do the operation. Ask the teller for a photocopy (with transaction date stamped and teller’s signature), and submit a copy to the Collegio Economus, so he can issue a receipt for your payment.
- For other items aside from board and lodging (such as tuition fees, medical insurance, book or personal allowances, etc.), please ask your benefactors to kindly send you the funds directly, rather than pass through Collegio‘s account. Just substitute the ACCOUNT INFORMATION above with your own Account Name, telephone and IBAN (IOR informed you of your IBAN; or just ask them). The BANK INFORMATION above remains the same.
- If benefactors plan to send board and lodging together with tuition, etc., please ask them to send to your account — after which you can transfer to the Collegio only what corresponds to the Collegio (board and lodging and whatever other amount owed to the Collegio).
- As for the tuition fees, best would be if you could kindly pay the Universities directly (individually or together with other schoolmates), without having to involve the Collegio in this operation. This would be more streamlined, avoiding unnecessary steps. If needed, the Collegio Rector will inform the University that this is our preferred method, and anyway they will be receiving the same amount.
TO DEPOSIT FUNDS INTO YOUR OWN ACCOUNT, OR EXCHANGE CURRENCIES:
1) Print out this blank “Distinta Deposito/Ritiro Contanti” form, or get one from IOR.
2) Fill in the form, following this model. You may do this at IOR.
3) Bring the completed form to the bank teller to do the operation.
4) Note that you may use this form to deposit your Dollars, Swiss Francs or other currencies converted to Euros, after which you may immediately withdraw funds in Euros, or make a “giroconto” to the Collegio‘s account (to donate or pay for board and lodging).