Vatican Bank Fund Transfer
FUND TRANSFER BY DONORS FROM ANY COUNTRY
DONATIONS MAY BE FOR:
- OPERATIONS (donations in general) and RENOVATIONS of the Collegio.
- BOARD AND LODGING of a specific priest (indicate his name).
- For other items such as university tuition fees, medical insurance, pocket money, etc., whenever possible, please deposit funds directly to the student’s account (ask him for the information), rather than to the Collegio’s account. But if the funding agency requires sending all funds to the Collegio (rather than to the Priest), then they may also follow this procedure.
TO PAY YOUR BOARD AND LODGING, use “GIROCONTO” from your own IOR account to the Collegio’s (instead of paying in cash):
Doing this “giro” (internal fund transfer) is the best way to pay your board and lodging dues. You need not carry big cash around, and Collegio accounting will be more streamlined.
- Print out this “GIRO” form containing the basic Collegio information. Add the AMOUNT you are transferring (in numbers and letters), your name, your IOR account number, and your account currency (usually EUR). At the bottom, put your telephone number, email, date and signature.
- Make a second copy (either another printout or just a photocopy). On the second copy’s top left, crush out “per l’Istituto/copy for the Institute”, and replace it with your name.
- Bring the completed forms to the bank teller to do the operation. Show the second form, saying “per favore mettere la Sua firma e la data”. This is for your files.
- The teller will ask you to sign a transaction sheet, and will give you a copy of the sheet you signed.
- Submit a copy of the sheet from the teller (previous paragraph) to the Collegio Economus, so he can issue a receipt for your payment.
- During the lockdown period, instead of bringing the sheet to the IOR, just scan and email it to:
Segreteria Amministrativa <segreteria @ ior . va>
(no spaces), with the following request:
I wish to ask your office to kindly process the attached request for a fund transfer from my account to the Pontificio Collegio Filippino.
Thank you very much.
- Click here for the Vatican Bank details (or bank coordinates) to see the Bank Information and Recipient (Collegio) Information, needed by donors for fund transfer.
- For items other than board and lodging (such as tuition fees, medical insurance, book or personal allowances, etc.), please ask your benefactors to kindly send you the funds directly, rather than pass through Collegio‘s account. Just substitute the RECIPIENT INFORMATION with your own Account Name, telephone and IBAN (IOR informed you of your IBAN; or just ask them). The BANK INFORMATION remains the same.
- If benefactors plan to send board and lodging together with tuition, etc., please ask them to send to your account — after which you can transfer to the Collegio only what corresponds to the Collegio (board and lodging and whatever other amount owed to the Collegio).
- As for the tuition fees, best would be if you could pay the Universities directly (individually or together with other schoolmates), without having to involve the Collegio in this operation. This would be more streamlined, avoiding unnecessary steps. If needed, the Collegio Rector will inform the University that this is our preferred method, and anyway they will be receiving the same amount.
TO DEPOSIT FUNDS INTO YOUR OWN ACCOUNT, OR EXCHANGE CURRENCIES:
- Print out this blank “Distinta Deposito/Ritiro Contanti” form, or get one from IOR.
- Fill in the form, following this model. You may do this at IOR.
- Bring the completed form to the bank teller to do the operation.
- Note that you may use this form to deposit your Dollars, Swiss Francs or other currencies converted to Euros, after which you may immediately withdraw funds in Euros, or make a “giroconto” to the Collegio‘s account (to donate or pay for board and lodging).