- The PCF has 3 “contatori”: one each for the two heating system burners (high consumption during winters), and another for the kitchen (very low consumption). In October 2018, hey have all been combined under ENI (before, one burner and the kitchen were under ACEA).
- It is better to keep the contatori separate, in case one system breaks down, the others continue to function. Besides, tas prices remain the same if annual consumption is below 50,000 cubic meters.
- Companies continuously change plans. For example, in October 2018, ENI offered lower rates, a 5% discount for the first six months, and a 10% discount thereafter.
- Bills come from ENI.
- In October 2018, ENI offered lower rates, a 5% discount for the first six months, and a 10% discount thereafter.
- Only ACEA provides water.
Telephones and Internet
- As of August 2019, the Collegio also has line 06 3936 6461, for the 1Mb internet, and is not (yet) used for calls.
- The Collegio also has an ISDN telephone connection (i.e., with two lines: 06 6601 8055 as main subscription and for the 20 mbps Business adsl internet, and 06 6604 1602 for outside calls. (Note that normal internet speeds outside office hours range only around 12 mbps download and 1 mbps upload.)
- To troubleshoot internet connections, reset the routers and switch by switching them off for one minute, then on. This frequently resolves connection problems. If this fails, do the next steps.
- To further troubleshoot the connections:
- Be ready to switch the router off and on when instructed. Also have a notebook computer connected to the router, in case needed.
- Call 191 and follow instructions.
- When asked for the landline number: 06 6601 8055 or 06 3936 6461, as applicable.