02 – Codice Fiscale
The Codice Fiscale is a personal tax account number, needed to obtain certain documents or make extraordinary expenses. The number remains the same even if you return to Italy after many years.
- Fill up this form, then scan it along with your Passport (data page) and Visa.
- Email the above
- TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SUBJECT: Request for new Codice Fiscale
- MESSAGE BODY: Dear Sirs, I wish to request for a new Codice Fiscale. I attach the following: Module, Passport and Visa. Thank you.
- You will receive an email with your Codice Fiscale (which you may already use), and the card will arrive a few days later. Someone might call you as well if clarifications are needed, or simply to inform you of the success of your application.
OLD MANUAL PROCEDURE:
Steps to obtain one:
1. Bring your Passport and a photocopy of your passport data page and visa.
2. NO NEED: photocopy receipts from Posta (the ones for Soggiorno application).
4. Go to the Agenzia dell’Entrate, Via Aurelia, 866 (after Aurelia Hospital, past Panorama and other stores). If taking 246 or 247 bus, get off at Panorama, and walk a bit more. Fall in line 15 minutes before they open in the morning so there are less people and your application can be processed right away. See schedule and other information at: http://lazio.agenziaentrate.it/?id=uff&iduff=TK2&codereg=913&iduffreg=TJP
(Just check if the website is updated, as the office was formerly at Largo Lorenzo Mossa, 8, 00165 Roma.)
5. Ask the information desk for the form you are to fill up, then get a number and wait for your turn. At the end of the application process, you will be given a sheet with your Codice Fiscale number, which you can immediately use for legal purposes. The actual card will reach you by mail some days later.