01 – FILLING UP FORMS IN GENERAL
1. Whenever you fill up forms, make sure that the information you write match those in your Passport. If information in Passport is abbreviated, copy the information as is (that is, abbreviated), and DO NOT spell out the abbreviated information.
- COGNOME: Family Name
- NOME: First Name
- [DO NOT USE YOUR MIDDLE NAME IN ITALY!]
- NATO A: Place of Birth
- PAESE: Country of Birth
- NATO IL: Birthday, in the following format: day/month/year (for example, 25/12/1991); use this format for all other dates requested, such as Passport issued, expiration, ordination, etc.
- NAZIONALITÀ: filippina
- PASSAPORTO N.: Passport number
- RILASCIATO DA:Passport issued by
- RILASCIATO IL: Passport date issued (same date format as in birthday)
- SCADENZA: Passpost date expires
2. The following refer only to those who will stay at the Collegio Filippino. If you will transfer to another residence for the school year, make sure to put the address of your definitive residence in all forms.
- INIDIRIZZO: VIA: Aurelia
- N. CIVICO: 490
- LETTERA: [leave blank]
- CAP: 00165
- COMMUNE [CITTÀ]: Roma
- PROVINZA: RM [or ROMA]
- REGIONE: Lazio
3. DO NOT PUT YOUR MIDDLE NAME ANYMORE IN ANY ITALIAN DOCUMENT, JUST YOUR COMPLETE FIRST NAME AND LAST NAME, AS THEY APPEAR IN YOUR PASSPORT.
(Disregard Middle Names that might still appear in some of the guides in this website.)
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY INCLUDED YOUR MIDDLE NAME IN SOME PREVIOUS DOCUMENT, YOU MIGHT HAVE TO GET A CERTIFICATION FROM THE PHILIPPINE EMBASSY IN ROME THAT THE DIFFERENT NAME COMBINATIONS (BRING PHOTOCOPIES OF EACH DOCUMENT WITH A DIFFERENT NAME COMBINATION) PERTAIN TO THE SAME PERSON.
In fact, the Questura seems to remove middle names in both new applications and renewals for the Permesso di Soggiorno starting 2017.
4. When attaching forms, please do so preferably in pdf format. Do not send links to cloud services such as Dropbox, Google Drive, Onedrive, etc., as internet in Government Offices might have these cloud services blocked.
5. At least a day before going to the Post Office, set an appointment using your smartphone or computer browser or the Ufficio Postale app (if your Android Google Play is registered in Italy). When you arrive at your chosen Post office (even a few minutes early), lay the QR code on the machine reader. Your Ticket number is already in your app, and will be called to a window almost immediately (overtaking the numbers that are already shown on the screen), so be attentive!