Scan in Library
To scan using the Ricoh Aficio MP 2000 photocopier / printer / scanner
- Switch on the library computer. Password is the same as the password hint.
- Press the scanner button (below the photocopy button, which is usually lighted).
- Press Search Destination button (above alphanumeric keypad to the left of display). Select Display List, then OK. Press right arrow to select “001scan”, then OK. You may adjust scan size options so that your book fits exactly.
- If 001scan does not appear, continue to number 5. Otherwise go to number 16.
- Press Menu (white button to the left of yellow button above numberic keypad at right of display) >System Settings, >Administrator Tools >Address Book Management >Program/Change >OK (to accept proposed number).
- Enter name: “scan” >OK >OK
- [double check next steps]
- button Below the LCD display, press the button corresponding to “Dest.” (destination).
- Press OK (for SMB).
- OK (inserimento manuale)
- Inserire percorso: library\scan, then press OK
- Inserire nome utente: “library”, then press OK
- Inserire password: [same as library computer password], then press OK.
- Press the button under “Test comm.”. It should read “riuscita”, meaning, successful.
- Press the back button under “Esci”, then “OK”.
- The large green button should be lighted green. Press that green button to start scanning, which is done batch; press # to end scan. (Sheets may be placed on the automatic feeder, or on the flat bed.)
- Your files are in the shared “Scan” folder in the thawspace, in pdf but image format. You may also right click, then use Abby Fine Reader >open as searchable pdf.