Making friends familiar with the need for Priests’ continuing education in general, and with your studies in particular, will allow them to appreciate the value of their assistance more.
The following notes will help Collegio’s past, present and future Priests make a call to action, as they approach their potential benefactors and invite them to help build scholarship funds for their Dioceses back home…
- The main objective, as in any other Church activity, is to ultimately bring people closer to God. For our Catholic friends, we offer them the Church’s spiritual treasures through our prayers, especially in the Holy Eucharist, the source and summit of our Christian life.
- “The other sacraments, and indeed all ecclesiastical ministries and works of the apostolate, are bound up with the Eucharist and are oriented toward it. For in the blessed Eucharist is contained the whole spiritual good of the Church, namely Christ himself” (Vatican II, Presbyterorum Ordinis 5).
- We include them in our daily prayers individually and as a community, and offer them whatever spiritual service we might be able to extend.
- To bring God to others, and others to God, we need to have a close relationship with God ourselves. Fundraising will not be effective unless we are faithful to our life of prayer, the daily Eucharist, the Breviary, the Holy Rosary and our other devotions.
- People give not because they see our needs and we ask. They give because they are inspired by our life and mission.
- Thus, we have to be clear with our goals in studying in Rome, to be able to explain them to our friends.
- Get a thorough overview of the Collegio’s website and Friends of the Collegio’s website.
- Be prepared to explain how benefactors’ partnership will strengthen your home Diocese, allowing the local Church that perhaps nurtured their spiritual lives during their childhood to be even more effective in spreading the Good News.
- We are not simply inviting friends to sponsor our Priests, but to help train them in their role as Teachers of the Word, Ministers of the Sacraments and Leaders of the Community.
- see videos at https://catholicfundraiser.net/
- Relating with benefactors
- ask your usual donors back home for names and emails of their friends and relatives in the US who might wish to support your Diocese
- constantly update your benefactors regarding your studies
- update them with news from your Diocese
- US benefactors may channel donations to Friends of the Collegio, which has a 501c3 tax-deductible status in the US.
- With 12 friends giving $100 a month (total of $14,400 a year), a Diocese can send a Priest to the Collegio in Rome.